Open Enrollment 2018-2019
LCP has a limited number of openings for the 2018-2019 school year. Applications will be considered on a first come, first served basis.
You can apply using the links below. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message at 206-725-6915 to request forms via mail.
How To Apply To Lakewood Co-op
Checklist for a complete application:
- A completed application form, submit online or download to sent to the address below.
- Scholarship application, if interested. (Send separately to address below.)
- If desired, you may schedule a class visit by leaving a message at 206-725-6915.
- An application fee of $40 ($10 for each additional child) will be due at the time of enrollment. If your family is applying for scholarship, your application fee will be waived. In no way will this impact your eligibility for admission.
Send Enrollment Application to:
5005 South Ferdinand Street
Seattle, WA 98118
Send Scholarship Application to:
c/o Lakewood Coop Preschool
5005 South Ferdinand St
Seattle, WA 98118
How the Enrollment Process Works
All eligible children of families who have at least one child currently attending LCP receive priority admission. Families who do not have at least one child currently attending LCP but who have had at least one child complete 1 year at LCP will have second priority. All other openings are filled by lottery. When all the slots are full, we will begin an active wait pool. Any applicants who met the application deadline but were not accepted because classes were full will be put in the wait pool and selected using a lottery system. Any applications received after the application deadline will go on the wait pool after the first group is placed on the list. Any applications that are incomplete will not be considered.
Priority alumni status will be determined as follows:
- Previous child has completed 3 consecutive years at LCP
- Previous child has completed 2 consecutive years at LCP
- Previous child has completed 1 year at LCP.
When You Can Expect to be Notified
Families will be notified by mail as to whether they are accepted or are on the wait pool. Families who are accepted will be given a specific date in which to respond. If you are accepted, to reserve your spot, you need to pay first and last months' tuition (September and June). If you later choose to leave the school, you will forfeit this payment.
How the Wait Pool Works
If and when movement occurs in classes, the opening will be filled by lottery from the wait pool. The family has two days to decide whether they wish to take the slot before we offer it to the next family in the wait pool.
Who to contact with questions
Thank you again for your interest in our school. If you have any questions, please contact our Enrollment Coordinator via email at email@example.com or leave a message at 206-725-6915.