Interested families are encouraged to attend our Open House on Wednesday, February 8th at 7pm from 7-9PM and schedule a tour. Applications from new families are due March 17th, 2017. There is a non-refundable application fee of $40 for the first child & $10 for each additional child. If your family is applying for financial assistance, your application fee will be waived. Please be sure to check the appropriate box on your enrollment form. In no way will applying for scholarship impact eligibility for admission.
We are currently accepting applications for the 2017-18 school year. This website has all of the application forms available for download. You may also email email@example.com or leave a message at 206-725-6915 and and request forms via mail.
How To Apply To Lakewood Co-op
In order to be considered for enrollment, a complete, on time (February 28th, 2017 for current families and March 17th, 2017 for new families) application is required.
Checklist for a complete application:
- A completed application form (2 pages).
- A valid check for the $40 application fee ($10 for each additional child) made payable to Lakewood Cooperative Preschool. If your family is applying for scholarship, your application fee will be waived. In no way will this impact your eligibility for admission..
- A class visit, scheduled at the open house (on Wednesday, February 8th at 7pm, from 7-9PM) or leave a message at 206-725-6915.
- Not required, but strongly encouraged—attend our open house on Wednesday, February 8th at 7pm from 7-9PM for an opportunity to meet and talk with teachers, current families and explore the school.
- Scholarship application, if interested. (Send separately to address below.)
Send Enrollment Application and fee to:
5005 South Ferdinand Street
Seattle, WA 98118
Send Scholarship Application to:
c/o Lakewood Coop Preschool
5005 South Ferdinand St
Seattle, WA 98118
Deadline for applications is March 17th, 2017 for new families and February 28th, 2017 for current families (postmarked by the deadline). All on-time applications will be considered at the same time.
How the Enrollment Process Works
All eligible children of families who have at least one child currently attending LCP receive priority admission. Families who do not have at least one child currently attending LCP but who have had at least one child complete 1 year at LCP will have second priority. All other openings are filled by lottery. When all the slots are full, we will begin an active wait pool. Any applicants who met the application deadline but were not accepted because classes were full will be put in the wait pool and selected using a lottery system. Any applications received after the application deadline will go on the wait pool after the first group is placed on the list. Any applications that are incomplete will not be considered.
Priority alumni status will be determined as follows:
- Previous child has completed 3 consecutive years at LCP
- Previous child has completed 2 consecutive years at LCP
- Previous child has completed 1 year at LCP.
When You Can Expect to be Notified
Families will be notified by mail as to whether they are accepted or are on the wait pool. Families who are accepted will be given a specific date in which to respond. If you are accepted, to reserve your spot, you need to pay first and last months' tuition (September and June). If you later choose to leave the school, you will forfeit this payment.
How the Wait Pool Works
If and when movement occurs in classes, the opening will be filled by lottery from the wait pool. The family has two days to decide whether they wish to take the slot before we offer it to the next family in the wait pool.
Who to contact with questions
Thank you again for your interest in our school. If you have any questions, please contact our Enrollment Coordinator via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message at 206-725-6915.